Jobs at Moonstone
Want to be part of a true team? Want to work in a dynamic, interesting, fun environment?
Moonstone is looking for smart, enjoyable people who love to make clients happy! If you’re one of those people and there’s a job below that fits your skill set, we hope you’ll get in touch!
POSITION: Front End Web Developer
LOCATION: SF Bay Area
Effective Front-End Web Developer needed for full-time employment or ongoing contract work. Candidates must have significant demonstrable experience in web development. The role is to create and maintain Internet, Intranet and Extranet websites for a variety of external clients and company business initiatives.
To be considered you must send a resume, professional references and pay expectations. Please note, we do background checks on candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Hand code website pages and navigation supporting individual project objectives.
- Comply with company''s technical development principles, standards and procedures.
- Comply with W3C standards, e.g. XHTML.
- Fill "Crisis" maintenance requirements to urgent client requirements.
- Track hours for assigned projects to ensure appropriate billing.
- Surface hour budget issues and opportunities as early as possible.
MUST HAVE skills (minimum 3 years experience)
- XHTML - Ability to quickly and competently hand code HTML that validates to XHTML standards with no errors.
- CSS - Must be able to create and apply cascading style sheets.
- Art Production - Must have a good aesthetic sense and the ability to convert Photoshop site designs into HTML layouts, including cutting and resizing images.
- Rich Media - Experience linking in Flash and other rich media content.
Preferred skill set includes experience with:
- Server side scripting languages such as CF, PHP and ASP
- Command line UNIX skills.
- An understanding of, and appreciation for, the importance of search engine optimization (SEO), directory and link placement (DLP), and search engine marketing (SEM) in website success.
CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Passionate about delivering outstanding business results for middle market companies.
- Adherence to "KISS" ("Keep it simple, stupid") philosophy in designing technical solutions, for the sake of ease of integration and maintenance.
- Detail oriented with a natural focus on quality and accuracy.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability and capacity to expediently manage multiple tasks and several long-term projects at once.
- High performance standards with the ability to perform in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, if required.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
- Clean code without errors
- Meeting project schedule and commitments
- Coding speed